An opportunity is available for a motivated Case Manager to be part of our dedicated home and community care team. This is a permanent full-time role.
About the role:
You will work within the principles of the social model of health and strengths-based approach to assist service users of the Home Care Package and the Commonwealth Home Support Programs to maximise their quality of life and independence within the community.
In this role you will be:
- Leading the delivery of appropriate and quality care through the development of goal-oriented support plans that encourage and facilitate consumer reablement, independence and purposeful living, reviewing with the consumer regularly and responding to changes or deterioration.
- Coordinate consumers services, arranging appropriate internal staffing/participating in rostering and brokerage of external services as required, in the delivery of innovative services that meet the individual needs of the consumer referring to the multidisciplinary care team as desired by the consumer.
- At all times working within Coolibah’s policies and procedures to ensure safety, participating in audits identifying risks and reporting appropriately.
- Encouraging consumers to utilise their right to consumer directed care, and advocating for their needs as required, by keeping the consumer involved in all decision making regarding their budget and care.
- Working effectively as a team across all business areas ensuring excellent communication at all times to both staff, consumers and support people.
- Supporting and assisting the Community and Home Care Manager in the daily management responsibilities of the service and contributing to a positive team and organisational culture.
- Ensuring a strong customer service focus is maintained at all times.
- Completing accurate and appropriate documentation, maintaining confidentiality and privacy for all consumers and ensuring respect and dignity at all times.
- Leading the identification of areas for improvement and collaborating with other staff to implement improvements
- Supporting relief Case Managers as required to develop in their role
Your skills, training and experience checklist:
- Relevant qualification/s
- Significant experience with community aged care, in a consumer directed environment, involving both Home Care Packages and the Commonwealth Home Support Program.
- Previous practical experience undertaking client assessments and developing appropriate care plans
- Previous experience leading a team of care workers and effective teamwork
- Previous experience recording and maintaining electronic records
- Ability to meet competing priorities
- Sensitivity to deal with consumers’ needs
- Ability to show initiative, discretion & judgment in designation and delegation of care
- Eligibility to work within Australia
- Current National Police Clearance Certificate
- Ability to adhere to health and safety requirements
- Ability to participate in after hours on-call roster
How to apply:
Please forward your current resume, with a covering letter and include relevant certificates that may be relevant to this role.
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org