Eligibility and Application Requirements

Home / Residential Aged Care Homes / Eligibility and Application Requirements

Coolibah Eligibility and Application Requirements

How do I work out what I pay?

Working out how much you will pay is a key step when deciding what aged care services are right for you.   To determine what you need in terms of an income or means assessment visit this web page – https://www.myagedcare.gov.au/income-and-means-assessments/. There are a few questions to answer which will lead you to your next steps in the process.

In the meantime, you can work out estimated costs by visiting www.myagedcare.gov.au and search for the Fee Estimator.

Department of Human Services will issue a fee notification letter outlining any contributions you are required to make, which is valid for 120 days.  This is sufficient time to find an aged care facility and enter into an agreement.  The letter will include the

  1. Basic daily fee
  2. Means-tested care fee (if any)
  3. The accommodation fee (if any).

The fee notification letter is an important document and should be presented when meeting with a potential Residential Aged Care Facility.


If you are moving from a home care package into a residential aged care facility, any income-tested care fee you paid while you were receiving care at home will also be counted towards the annual and lifetime cap.

What if I can’t afford it?

If you are worried you might have trouble paying for your Residential Aged Care Facility fees, you can ask to be considered for financial hardship. Visit www.myagedcare.gov.au for more information.

If you are not eligible for Government assistance, the amount you pay will depend on:

  • the price of the rooms at your preferred Residential Aged Care Facility;
  • whether you choose a single or shared room, or opt to have a shared bathroom or ensuite;
  • the size of the room; and
  • the location.

While there is flexibility in how you pay for your accommodation, it is important to know that Residential Aged Care Facilities are required to publish their maximum accommodation fees for their various rooms. You cannot be charged more than the maximum published price.

Do I have to pay the full accommodation fee upfront?

You have a choice in how you pay. The options available are:

  1. An upfront lump sum as a fully refundable accommodation amount (you get 100% returned to you).
    • If the government is helping with the costs, this is called a Refundable Accommodation Contribution (RAC).
    • If you are paying the full amount yourself, it is called a Refundable Accommodation Deposit (RAD).
  2. Rental-style daily payments as a Daily Accommodation Contribution (DAC).
    • If the government is helping with the costs, this is called a Daily Accommodation Contribution (DAC).
    • If you are paying the full amount yourself, it is called a Daily Accommodation Payment (DAP).
  3. A combination of both (for example, to make the total required of $300,000 you could choose to pay $100,000 as a refundable lump sum and the rest through smaller non-refundable daily payments).

Aged care homes mandurah

Dementia Care

Palliative Care

Our Facilities

Not sure where to start?

Just leave your contact information and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible!


Have Questions?

Close Button
What is the process to apply for residential care?

To apply at Coolibah Care an application form needs to be completed, accompanied by supporting documentation such as an ACAT assessment. Click here for more information or get in touch with us.

What services am I eligible for through my home care package?

The services are dependent on what level of home care package you may have. To understand more reach out to out Home Care team or visit our Home Care Page to find out more.

What respite services do you offer?

We offer a range of services including day, low care / cottage respite and residential respite for a higher level of care.  Referral codes are required for these services.  Reach to our Respite Coordinator or visitor our Respite Care Page to find out more.

Do you have independent living unit available?

Contact us to find out about our vacancies.  Your can apply online and we do take waitlists.